Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting

Who: Amber
What: Adventures in Babysitting
Where: @ home (I own it on DVD)
Why: It's a classic!

I can't belive this movie is over 20 years old! What makes it fun is that this sort of thing would never happen now a days, which is kind-of sad. First of all, cell phones and credit cards would've meant this movie would've been over in 5 minutes.

None the less, 3 kids (2 of which are in high school) and their babysitter (also in high school) venture into Chicago to find the babysitters moronic friend who ran away from home. Of course everything goes wrong, which makes for ridiculous and fun side stories. Singing the blues in a bar - check! Escaping from the mob - check! Almost getting beat up at a frat party - check!

Maybe it's because I babysat a lot growing up, or I used to live near Chicago, or I was the perfect age (13) when this movie came out, but I will never get tired of watching this flick!

I also heard that they are doing a remake of this movie. This terrifies me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this movie too!!! God that makes me feel old.

Jaclyn said...

"Daryl!"

"Ya think?"

I loved that he would always answer with "Ya think?" What was that supposed to mean? Either way, it was funny as he was creepy.

I too enjoy this movie. So many good memories.

"Nobody leaves this place without singin' the blues."

RR said...

This was a classic. Love it!