Sunday, April 27, 2008

300

Who: Alina
What: 300
Where: Movie Theatre when it first came out and now on cable
Why: Bill wanted to see it

I wasn't all that interested in seeing this movie. I knew the history and true to most movies based on mythology and those times it didn't really ring true to the actual story. Nevertheless, Bill wanted to see it and I obliged.

Was I wrong! It was a great movie! I like the way the movie looked with the colors and muted backgrounds. The war scenes are great, the story and liberties they took with it was great, the acting and visual effects were awesome! It's basically a period war movie so there was a lot of violence and a LOT OF BLOOD. It was gruesome and gory at times but it all goes with the "no guts, no glory" theme. *Bonus for the girls-300 hundred ripped guys with abs and pecs for days in red briefs and capes all marching down toward you. Yeah, that was the best and worth the movie theatre price alone!*

2 comments:

Amber said...

Welcome Alina (and her Bill).

I've been avoiding this movie b/c normally I don't like war movies (Braveheart, Troy, etc ...) ... but maybe I'll give it a try. I do like blood and guts ... and abs!

Anonymous said...

it was better than I thought too, and I didn't want to see it either.