Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Enchanted

Who: Amber (& Jonathan)
What: Enchanted
Where
: at home - my husband bought the DVD
Why: LOVE IT!!!

It was a given that I would see the movie Enchanted in the theaters - but 4 times?!? Well, 2 times we saw the movie on the Disney Cruise Line's theaters, but that still counts right?

So of course we bought the movie the day it came out on DVD. It's such a cute movie. The story is happy and sappy - but not too sappy. The songs are cheesy and fun - but not too cheesy. And who knew that James Mardsen (sp?) was such a dream boat? I'm a sucker for any guy who can sing. I did find the talking chipmunk a tad annoying, but not enough to ruin the movie for me. And the dragon at the end - that was too cheesy for me, but again, not movie ruining.

And why is the girl from Bones (TV show) at the end. Very random.

After you see this movie and buy the sountrack (which you must!), look up Enchanted on Wikipedia. There is a HUGE list of 'hidden' Disney thnigs to find in the movie. Did you recognize the receptionist? How about the soap opera star?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only thing I had problem with this movie was that the super ugly urban platform boots evil queen wore!!
Her costume and make-up was believable! It was so in tune with the character, but that shoes...
To me, that boots was very modern punk fashion shoes -- something from our world, not from the fairytale world she came from.
I was expecting a wonderful pair of shoes along with the rest of her gorgeous outfit!!!
I was VERY disappointed when the camera captured her entire costume from the bottom to the top(or the top to the bottom, heck, I can't remember!!) in slow-mo! Maybe, it wasn't a slow-mo shot, but to me it was!! I felt like that ugly boots were the center of the big screen at least for a whole excruciating minute, and totally killed my mood.
Shame on whoever styled the evil queen!!!

Other than that, I loved the movie!! :)

Amber said...

LOL - I hated those boots too. How funny! I never commented on it before (b/c Jonathan wouldn't care about boots).

Kelly said...

Ok. I personally thought this movie was really cute! But my 2 sons and husband would have perferred that I dropped them off at Guantanamo Bay for a better time. They hated it. They thought the chikmuke was midly funny. They could not wait for it to end.They were all mad at me because I "made" them watch it. Oh well. I guess I should of had girls!

Amber said...

I guess it's not really a teenage boy movie. :0(

monica said...

Andy also hated it, HATED! (Just asked him for an example as good as Kelly's... he said he'd rather go to Walmart on a crowded Saturday afternoon...ick!) I thought it was cute, but I am going with too cheesy with the songs. Still, liked it and will buy it.

Bill said...

Melanie and I finally got around to see "Enchanted" on pay-per-view. We both enjoyed it, especially the references to Disney fairy tale movies of the past. Amy Adams was cute and charming, and Susan Sarandon was perfectly evil... and I'm no fan of Sarandon.

RR said...

I finally saw this movie. I had heard so mush about how everyone like it but I thought it was just okay. I guess I set my expectations too high. I found Giselle to be pleasant without being annoying. I hated the ending. The whole movie was about fantasy morphing into reality. So what was the deal with the giant dragon? Lame! Then everyone lived happily-ever-after? What about the therapy that would need to happen after having your life threatened by a giant dragon from fantasyland!