Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Death At a Funeral

Who: Jaclyn
What: Death At a Funeral
Where: At home - Pay-per-view (I was bored).
Why: British comedies are usually quite twisted.

I had a lot of time on my hands and this movie was one of the options for Pay-per-view. I gave it a whirl and was not disappointed. At first, it was a bit slow, but it didn't take long for the humor to begin. The characters all have their own drama going on and they intertwine in a comedic way. Everyone is gathered for the death of the main character's father and Peter (Peter Dinklage) shows up to throw a wrench into this family's already nutso lives. Side note - another good Peter Dinklage movie is The Station Agent. However, my favorite character had to be Simon (Alan Tudyk) he is drugged throughout most of this movie (not by his own doing), and the drugs that keep on giving make more people "suffer" before the end of the movie. I know this isn't a fabulous blog, but it is my first (be kind) and I didn't want to give too much away about the movie. But it really is worth a watch!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Woo-hoo! Excellent first blog!