Monday, April 14, 2008

Walk Hard

Who: Amber & Jonathan
What: Walk Hard - the Dewey Cox Story
Where: Blockbuster rental (thanks Coke rewards!)
Why: Jonathan picked it out

I can go either way on parody movies. If I enjoy what is being made fun of, then I normally find it hysterical. However, if I don't care about the subject, then I find the parody lame. In this case, I had no feelings towards Johnny Cash or Ray Charles, or what ever they were trying to make fun of.

However, I though this movie was really, really funny! I bet there was tons of stuff I didn't understand, but it was still enjoyable.

If you are a TV or movie fan, I bet you $1,000 that you will say, "hey, that's _______!" at least 14 times during this film. I think every single person in Hollywood (past and present) is in this movie. I bet you don't recognize all 4 Beatles!?!

Side note: The unrated version (which we watched) is called unrated for a reason. Hello frontal nudity!!!

No comments: