Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Wicker Man

Who: Amber (& Jonathan)
What: The Wicker Man
Where: at home - free HBO weekend!
Why: I love Nicholas Cage, plus (from the previews I remember) this was a horror movie, and I like horror movies.

From the previews (I saw a long time ago) I was expecting some fake enchanted scary forest killing people. But this is an actual movie with an actual plot - not just some random horror movie! Actually, I would not classify this 'horror' at all. It wasn't very scary - more of a detective suspence thriller. However, the ending does not leave you with a good taste in your mouth AT ALL. It's not a movie you can watch all over again, but I'm glad I gave up 2 hours of my life. I'll take some Nicholas Cage any day. I guess this is a remake too - although I never saw the original. I've read that this is a really horrible remake. So I guess if you've seen the original - skip this one!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I thought it was a weird movie and I too love some Nicolas Cage (Yum). But it seems like it just built up to nothing. I guess I'll have to Netflix the original sometime.