Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Prince & Me

Who: Monica
What: The Prince & Me
Where: From the comfort of my couch
Why: I bought it this weekend, it's a lazy Sunday afternoon

My Mom and I saw "The Prince & Me" at the theater when it came out, several years ago now. I am sucker for a fairytale movie. It was on sale this weekend at our closing Hollywood Video and I bought it for $4.

Prince Edward (Luke Mably) from Denark wants to see "girls gone wild" (like he's seen on commercials on TV) in America and heads to Wisconsin where he thinks there are hot girls. He (and his personal aide) enroll in college to fit in with the 20 something crowd. He meets a pre med college student who is also a part time waitress (Julia Styles). I'm sure you can imagine what happens. Smoochie, smoochie, lovey, dovey, yadda, yadda.

He's kept the fact he's a prince a secret, of course she finds out. Will Paige be ok with her boyfriends royalty status or not? See the movie to find out.

I like this movie, it's fun and fairytale like for sure. It's sappy and sweet. Luke Mably is adorable, Julia Styles is a cutie. If fairytale movies aren't your style though, steer clear. On a scale of 1-10 in the sappy, chick flick, fairytale status... I give it a 7.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I also love Julia Stiles in this movie. But seriously, who WOULDN'T be ok w/ meeting a real life prince? Hello!

Holly said...

I've been to Wisconsin. Specifically to see hot girls, in fact, not to go into any details or anything. But I'm pretty sure they don't really have any.