Friday, April 18, 2008

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Who: Jaclyn
What: Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Where: AMC Pleasure Island
Why: $6 matinee baby!

I liked this movie! I'm proud to say my dirty sense of humor has been restored! Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) is dating TV star Sarah Marshall (Kristin Bell) and of course she dumps him for someone else. So afterwards, Peter does what everyone (I wish) does: goes to Hawaii to try to forget her. Only problem is, she's there with the new guy. It was really hard to hate the new guy, he was pretty cool, though a bit weird. The other people he meets while staying there are hilarious. My personal fave was the newlywed couple who are checking in before he does at the resort. Their story is priceless! Especially the husband's "beach tutorial" with a chess set.

It was awesome that they were at a resort I've actually been to! Ahh, memories.

Overall, a cute and entertaining movie. Any time Peter is near a keyboard or piano, it's comedy gold. But on a side note, be prepared to be flashed in the first 15 minutes or so. ;)

4 comments:

Amber said...

I'm going on Sunday to see this!!! $6 matinee baby!!!

I read a review that there was a lot of "frank and beans" in this movie. Scandelous!

Jaclyn said...

It's more "frank" than "beans". Hahaha.

Amber said...

I saw "Sarah Marshall" today. LOL - it was great!

Jonathan has a new catch phrase now "I just went from 6 to 12". *rolleyes*.

Too funny and too cute!

There was just glimpse of nudity for both the males and the females!

Plus, I saw some GREAT previews before the movie. I highly recommend this movie - if you like rated R comedies.

Anonymous said...

Saw this at the weekend and Loved it!!

I laughed so much! I thought the married couple were hilarious, and of course Russell Brand was the best part of it, he wasn't even acting, that is the Russell Brand you see all the time!
I know what you mean, it is impossible to not like him!

I also highly recommend it!!

Emmy XX