Sunday, April 20, 2008

The American President

Who: Monica
What: The American President
Where: Still on the couch
Why: I bought it, hadn't seen it in years and am seriously wasting away a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

This is yet another movie I bought for $4 this weekend. I use to own it on VHS, taped off of HBO or something. I lost it and hadn't seen the movie in years. I can't believe it's actually about 13 years old, time flies.

I love this movie! Michael Douglas is the President who is a widowed Father and it's the year for re-election. Sydney, Annette Benning (who doesn't love her) is a lobbyist who has some hilarious moments when she first meets the President.

Sydney: I kissed him
Friend: Where
Sydney: On the mouth
Friend: Where in the White House
Sydney: The Dish room, the China room
Friend: Then what
Sydney: Then he had to go attack Lybia

It's for sure a quotable movie for me. I didn't realize just how much until watching it again, man tons of awesome things to quote! Sydney & Mr. President fall in love and date, a good love story, full of romance and dreamy situations. Michael J. Fox is fantastic as one of the President's super worried side kicks. I love when he says he can't participate in anything illegal in getting Sydney out of the White House after her overnight visit. Martin Sheen is also Mr. President's right hand man and that's funny since he goes on to play the President in the West Wing.

Surely everyone has seen this movie now, more than once. It's a good chick flick, if you haven't seen it in awhile, revisit it again.

On my scale of 1-10, I give this chick flick a 9!!

1 comment:

RR said...

This is one of my all-time favorites. I love it when extraordinary people are put into normal people situations. Add in a presidential theme and love story and you have got a great movie! I too would give it a 9. The one point deduction is for the political references and lectures.