Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Juno

Who: Jaclyn
What: Juno
Where: At home
Why: People raved about this movie.

I would LOVE to know when I became a prude. I used to pride myself on my dirty sense of humor but I found nothing funny or good about this movie. Well, I take that back, the quote : "Next time I see that Bleeker kid, I'm going to punch him in the wiener!" was sort of priceless coming from Juno's dad. I guess the topic of teen pregnancy just isn't all that interesting or shocking anymore *cough* Jamie Lynn Spears *cough*.

I'm completely confused about "the chair" and who it belonged to, why it was in a yard and why it took a pilgrimage to Paulie Bleeker's front lawn other than for Juno to tell him she was pregnant. Plus, I find it quite hard to believe that any 16 year old would talk the way Juno does. Given all the hype, I was ready for a great movie. Sadly, it did not deliver. (No pun intended)

2 comments:

Amber said...

ROFL - it didn't "deliver". Priceless!!!

Nuts - I wanted to see this movie too. Normally I don't like Oscar nominated movies, but I planned to make an exception to this one.

I guess I'll pass.

monica said...

Man, I wanted to review this one first!! I LOVED it! Of course it's probably because of our current situation. I love, love, loved it!! I bought it today when it came out, well...it came out yesterday and I was sick. I bought it today though. I saw it twice at the theater. I love how it introduces adoption. It's not accurate or a place for solid factual adoption information, but it is great that it's being talked about more. I love the insight it gives to a birthmom and just how "not ready" she is to be a parent and why open adoption is such a great thing.

Aside from that, I think Juno & Bleeker are HILARIOUS!! I love the phone, cracks me up and makes me think of being a preteen again. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the soundtrack and bought it the day I saw the movie!! Quirky, folk like, odd, but I loved it!!!