Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Break-Up

Who: Amber (& Jonathan)
What: The Break-Up
Where
: home - TiVO'ed off free HBO weekend
Why: I love Vince Vaughn!

As a girl I really liked this movie. My husband ... not so much. I enjoyed it because it was (semi) realistic. Granted, Jennifer Aniston kept playing stupid games instead of actually talking to Vince Vaugh about her feelings, but I really liked watching 2 'realistic' people live their lives. And, not to spoil the ending, but it's very unexpected.

And the opening credits full of photographs - genius! I felt like I knew the couple and was so happy for them. I could've watched 2 full hours of opening credits. I think all men should be required to watch this movie as an educational tool. Plus, Vince Vaughn is his hilarious, fast talking self.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have liked this movie better I think, but the previews made me think the plot was more "two people break up but do funny stuff each other to get them to move so they can use the apartment"

And that's not what it was, I LOVE Vince Vaughn. But I don't ever want to watch this movie again, it was ultimately depressing. I don't want depressing in my movies, unless I'm expecting it.

Amber said...

Since I saw this movie 2 years after the rest of the world (I'm a little slow), I knew they were going to break up for good at the end.

I don't think Jonathan knew though, b/c he made a couple comments on how they will eventually be making up. He was wrong (as usual - ha ha ha).

RR said...

I was so disappointed how it ended. Without spoiling it for everyone who hasn't seen it... lets just say it wasn't like a typical comedy-romance movie.

Kelly said...

My Husband and I saw this in the Theater as a "date movie" NOT good. We ending up in a smallish fight after the movie. I like most movies and I really like both the actors in the movie, but I like to go to the show to be entertained. This was good and I know we could relate to the characters- but a little too much. Didnt care for the endings.

monica said...

We both thought it was just OK. One of those that I think I saw most of the movie in the previews, disappointing to me.