Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pan's Labyrinth

Who: Amber (& Jonathan)
What: Pan's Labyrinth
Where: rented from Blockbuster (thank you Coke rewards!)
Why: Jonathan saw 20 minutes of it on TV at 2am one night,and wanted to see the entire movie.


Let me just start by saying I do not enjoy artsy movies. If a movie has been nominated for ANY awards, I normally don't touch it with a 10' pole. And a movie with subtitles - forget about it! Never the less, my husband rented this movie, and I watched it ... wait for it ... it's wasn't bad! Even with all the subtitles, I still enjoyed it.

From the previews I thought it would be all labyrinth, all the time, but it was only about 10% mysterious weirdos inside the labyrinth and 90% story about a family during WWII. I actually wanted more of Mr. Eyeballs in his Hands (weirdo inside the labyrinth with no genetalia (sp?)). So from a hater of 'good/award winning'' movies - I slightly recommnend this! Just make sure you put your reading glasses on

No comments: