Saturday, April 19, 2008

Poseidon

Who: Jaclyn
What: Poseidon
Where: At home
Why: Because there was nothing else on.

I liked this movie back when it was called Titanic. Just kidding. Well, sort of. This is yet another movie that has turned me off from the idea of cruising. In this movie, instead of building character stories first and then tragedy striking, they go right for the tragedy and how they pull together to get out of the ship. The problem with that is, you don't have an emotional attachment to these people beforehand, therefore, don't care if they make it out or not. It's just one fire ball after another and every other cavity being filled with water.

To make matters worse, there's an annoying child in it who everyone has to waste time looking for. It also has a very Armageddon feel to it when a father puts himself in danger so his daughter's fiance doesn't have to risk certain death. The only reason I kept watching this was because of Josh Lucas. Much like Dane Cook, he could just be on the screen doing nothing for 2 hours and I'd still watch it. Yowza!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I think I'm the only person alive who liked this movie. It got ripped apart by critic and everybody else.

I must say, if you MUST SEE THE ORIGINAL before you see this movie. Or watch it afterwards - I don't care.

The original (called Posiden Adventure) is from the '70's and it's super fantastic! The characters are way better, and the NYE song is an instant cheeseball classic.

monica said...

I agree that the older version is classic!

We saw both right before cruising one of the times a few years ago. It was kinda funny! Andy said it was good preparation. If we totally flipped upside down, I could follow him out because he would study the ship from day 1.

Josh Lucas is yummy!!