Monday, April 21, 2008

Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood

Who: Monica
What: Divine Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood
Where: From my couch
Why: Because 3 movies a day wasn't enough----

Another $4 find, classic. I forgot how much I love this movie too. It's truly a southern charm classic. The cast is fantastic!!

Sidalee, who has a serious love/hate relationship with her Mother, is about to get married. She is interviewed in "Time" magazine about her Mom, she gives quite a "colorful" interview of her childhood. Her Mom of course reads it and flies off the deep end. I love when she's going around the living room taking Sida's pictures down. When my Grandmother gets mad at me, she does this!! Sida's Mother, Vivi, is part of a tight group of crazy friends, the YaYa's. They decide to get involved in Vivi & Sida's relationship and try to make amends. It provides for tons of laughs, lots of looking back and some big drama as well.

The southern dialog alone is reason enough to give this movie an 8 on my scale of 1-10!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I remember starting to watch this movie - and I was bored to tears.

Maybe I'll give it another try ... can I borrow it? ;0) (ha ha)

Isn't this a book? I show really read more ...

monica said...

Tell ya what, give me a month. This summer after I've watched a ton of 'em I'll pack up those you want to borrow and send 'em to ya for a few months to borrow. What about that?! Seriously, I own so many movies and all they do is sit here. I'll make a list and let you choose.

All my friends read and my house is like the library. When we have girl nights they walk in with book bags to return books and borrow new ones. They write their initials inside so we know what they've read and they keep a list about what they want to borrow from my house. Funny!!