Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When a Stranger Calls

Who: Amber
What: When a Stranger Calls
Where: at home - recorded off cable (free Showtime weekend???)
Why: I liked the original

I really enjoyed this movie! It's not your typical horror, slash-em up movie. It is kind-of slow, but very suspensful. It was about 1 solid hour of the babysitter in a house, getting creepy phone calls. Sounds like a snooze fest, but I was on the edge of my seat. You don't actually see the bad guy until about 10 minute left in the film. Super creepy!

I couldn't remember what happens in the first movie, so the ending was going to be a suprize to me. I liked the 'real' ending. Then the director threw in 1 extra scene, that was pure crap! Boo to that.

Most remakes from the '80s seems kind-of cheesy (this original movie was from '79). Since everybody has a cell phone now, none of the "problems" teens had in the '80s wouldn't be a problem b/c they would have a cell phone. This movie addressed those issues and handled them quite well.

I hope they make a remake of the sequel (from the '80s), When a Stranger Calls Back. The scene with the bad guy in the brick room - I will remember that scene for the rest of my life!

No comments: