Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vantage Point

Who: Amber & Jonathan (& Amber's parents)
What: Vantage Point
Where
: Adult Recreation Center (on Kwaj)
Why: It's movie night!

This was the greatest type of movie for me! The president of the US is shot as he's giving a speech in Spain, and this movie shows 5 or 6 different vantage points (hense the title) from different people. Media people, Secret Service people, people in the crowd, etc... Since each person saw different things, they (kind-of) work together to find out the people who did it.

Normally I am totally confused by fast moving movies with twists and turns. I'm ususally like, "who is that guy?" "what just happened" "huh?". But since this movie showed the president getting shot 6 times (litarally!) I was totally able to follow the entire thing.

There were some great twists and turns. None of it was predictable at all. I highly recommend this movie!

3 comments:

monica said...

I liked the plot, the twists & turns were good. BUT, by the 4th time the showed the same scene... I was ready to move on. I had to remind myself the name of the movie and be patient. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it.

Anonymous said...

I agree! After the 4th (and even 5th) vantage point I was thinking "next!!!". At least the vantage points started changing after a while.

This movie could've been over in like 20 minutes!

-Amber :0)

RR said...

There has to be a better way to show all the different angles other than to keep replaying everything. By the fourth time the whole audience moaned with annoyance.