Sunday, May 18, 2008

27 Dresses

Who: Monica
What: 27 Dresses
Where: Home this time, in the theater when it came out.
Why: I enjoy chick flicks-

My Mom & I saw this when it was out at the theater. Since I had gift cards for Target from my class, I decided this was a movie I wanted to own. It's chick flick material and has a cutie in it!!

Katherine Heigle plays Jane, who has been a maid of honor 27 times. Thus the 27 dresses. She loves weddings, reading about them, planning them and being in them. She already has her own planned, though there is no one to make her dreams come true. She is madly in love with her boss, though he hasn't got a clue. Then her sister, Tess, arrives in town and steals the show. She & Jane's boss start dating and they are engaged before we know what's happening. Jane steps in as maid of honor and has to help plan the wedding of the one she longs for.

Meanwhile she's met Kevin, played by James Marsden (The Notebook, Hairspray & Enchanted) and he's found her story of maid of honor 27 times news worthy. He writes wedding stories in the paper and Jane lives for his articles, though she doesn't realize it's him who writes them until later on. He turns her story into an article and she doesn't appreciate that, on we go.

This is obviously a huge chick flick and Andy refused to watch this one. He said it was way off the "chick flick" chart and no way! I love the cast though and will watch anything with James Marsden over and over. The scene where she's trying on all the dresses is enough to keep me watching it! Very funny!! I'm not yet putting this on my list of all time favorite sappy movies, but I'll continue to watch it and see how I feel.

Oh and the extras on this are pretty good. They talk about weddings and how every little girl dreams of her day, then how different everyones dreams are. There is a section about the "Running of the Brides" at Filene's Basement and that is a neat story in itself. (I always thought it was Eilene's Basement) Anyway, I enjoyed all the extras!

1 comment:

Amber said...

James Mardesen was in The Notebook?!?

This movie is scheduled to be shown on my flight home. I'm excited to see it!