Sunday, May 11, 2008

De- Lovely

Who: Monica
What: De-Lovely
Where: At Home
Why: B/C it was $2 at a movie sale and I saw it once and liked it.

Kevin Kline and Ashley Judd tell the story of composer Cole Porter. He wrote many songs & musicals in the 1920's, including "Kiss Me Kate" and "I've Got You, Under My Skin". He was rather eccentric and came from a wealthy family. He was married for 35 years to a lovely lady named Linda, whom he adored. They were more best friends than anything though, she was totally in love with him and he loved her. She knew going into their marriage that he was bisexual and he wasn't giving up his lifestyle on the side.

Natalie Cole, Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow and Alanis Morissette among others perform in this movie. It has great music, but wont rate anywhere up there in the list of favorite musicals. I enjoy the story and love Ashley Judd, but this is one I'll trade in for movie credit and buy another one.

No comments: