Saturday, May 31, 2008

College Road Trip

Who:  Amber
What:  College Road Trip
Where:  on a flight from Honolulu to Houston
Why:  It's a Disney movie.

This movie is everything you expect it to be:  a cheese ball, unrealistic, Disney, family cute-fest.  Martin Lawrence doesn't look old enough to have a daughter in college, but the actress playing her mom did.  She and Raven really looked alike.  And (no offense) Raven is a really big girl!  It was kind-of refreshing to see actually.

As Raven and her WAY overprodective dad go on a road trip from Chicago to Washington DC, Disney overdid it with the gags.  Of course the car gets ruined right away.  Then they get a ride with the crazy dad/daughter combo (Donny Osmond - he was cute in this movie!), get a ride with some Japanese tourists, sing and dance in a choreographed number and skydive.  Oh, I forgot, get locked in jail.

I must say, the ending really surprised me.  It was very sweet and touching.  It actually almost made me cry.

I'm glad I didn't pay to see this movie, but it was still worth my while.

No comments: