Monday, May 5, 2008

Hellboy

Who: Ambe r& Jonathan
What: Hellboy
Where
: @ home - free HBO weekend!
Why: Jonathan picked it out

During my free HBO weekend, I recorded every single movie I could find. Hellboy was one of them. I've never read a Hellboy comic book, so I don't know how badly they butchered the story (knowing other comic book movies, people always complain about that).

This movie was BIG TIME cheesy. Hellboy (Ron Pearlman - that guy from the Beauty and the Beast TV show) said 1/2 his lines are regular dialoge, and the other 1/2 as lame action movie quips. For example, if somebody was on fire, he's say, "looks like someone likes it hot!". Super groan!

And Hellboy has a love interest? And she's hot (Selma Blair)? Sure, she's got super powers like him, but come on! No offense Hellboy, but you're red, have horns, you have one giant hand and one normal hand and you're like 400lbs (of pure muscle, but still).

There was some sort of plot, which I didn't really follow very well. Something about Nazis and WWII. Don't get me wrong, it was kind-of a fun movie. I'm just glad I saw it for free on TV.

No comments: