Sunday, May 4, 2008

First Daughter

Who: Monica
What: First Daughter
Where: Home
Why: Because I needed to put in another favorite while I worked on scrapbooks

I know that this movie was a total flop at the box office in 2004, there are only a handful of souls on Earth who appreciate it. I get it. I am one of those few that consider it a serious favorite and it's in my "favorite box" of DVDs. It's another movie that goes in and plays for a few days at a time while I'm working around the house.

It's one of those fairy tale, appeal to a younger crowd, chick flicks. Katie Holmes (whom I of course adore b/c I'm a Dawson Creek fan too) plays the President's daughter who is off to college and just wants to be "normal". Her Dad, Mr. President (Michael Douglas), sends her off with her own set of secret service agents. She meets a wonderful guy who treats her as just another normal girl and romance sets in. The wonderful guy, played by Marc Blucas, is absolutely a doll!! Turns out though, he's one of "them". He's a secret service agent under cover. She finds out, gets into all sorts of trouble that's captured by the press and well.... there ya go!

If you aren't into cheesy fairy tale, chick flick stories you better skip this one. If you can't appreciate Katie Holmes as a sweet President's daughter, you'll for sure hate it. If you can get past all of that though, watch it, it's a sweet movie! I LOVE it!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm sold! I like Katie Holme too. Yay Dawson's Creek!