Monday, May 26, 2008

Step Up 2 The Streets

Who: Amber
What: Step Up 2 The Streets
Where: airplane from Houston to Honolulu
Why: I love street/break dancing!

I had 4 movie options to watch on my flight, and I chose this one first. I love break dancing and dance music! I've never seen Step Up 1, but I assumed I could follow the plot easily. Actually, I doubt the movies have anything to do with each other.

Honestly, I was disappointed in this movie. I've seen MUCH better dancing on the TV show So You Think You Can Dance. I think I only said, "wow (check out that move)!" twice. The main girl was an ok dancer, but I really wasn't overly impressed. In face, the best break dancer was her nerdy school friend, and we only see him bust a move once!

The story was lame (girl has 1 more chance to stay in her town before her guardien kicks her out, joints a private dancing school, get's kicked out of her street "crew", forms a new school "crew" to challenge them to a dance off, school expells everybody for street dancing ... everybody learns a lesson in the end and everybody wins), but you don't watch dancing movies for the plot, you watch them for the dancing!!! Overall, I was kind-of bummed.

No comments: