Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wanted

Who: Jaclyn
What: Wanted
Where: AMC Pleasure Island
Why: I indulged my friend Sandy who LOVES Angelina. (Barf!)

Let me start by saying that I'm only blogging this because I felt bad (for Amber) that I've been neglecting the blog. I didn't really want to talk about this movie because it was AWFUL.

This was one of those movies that during it, you're looking at your watch and/or pondering if you'd really feel bad if you spent all that money and left during it. Well, I sucked it up and went with only the first. Like I said, Sandy loves Angelina...I couldn't ditch her while she was enjoying eye candy. Though the next Dane Cook movie that comes out, she owes me.

The movie is about...well...I wasn't really paying attention. Just kidding (sort of). It's about a group of "elite" assassins who are trying to rectruit this every day shlub who's life sucks. They lure him in saying his father was a top assassin (who he never knew) who was apparently killed by another assassin that broke away from "the group" and went rogue.

Morgan Freeman (who was the only reason this movie was tolerable) was the group's leader and he basically tells his team who's next to die. He gets the names from some super secret loom that feeds him the names and he decodes them. In theory, certain people are set to die to keep balance on the planet. Ooookay.

Anyhoo...turns out there are some plot twists and people you think are good are bad (ooh shocker) and vice versa. It all ends up being really loud and bloody.

Save your money and time kiddies. If you must see it, rent it.

No comments: