Saturday, July 5, 2008

Get Smart

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Get Smart
Where:  AMC Pleasure Island
Why:  Jonathan wanted to see it

This movie was HILARIOUS!!!  I can't recommend this movie enough.  I'm guessing it was rated PG13 (a guess), but there was little to no swearing, no nudity or sexual stuff.  There were guns and violence, but nothing graphic at all.  Fun for the entire family (over the age of 6).

I have no recollection of the TV show, so I have nothing to base this movie on.  I assumed Steve Carrell would play a bumbling, moronic FBI type agent who would constantly almost get himself killed and blow the mission.  But he was nothing like that!  He was a super smart agent who was a great shot with a gun.  I think he saved his partner more times than she saved him.  He was a little bumbling, but nothing over the top.

A great supporting cast including The Rock, Alan Arkin (who was kind-of a moron), a giant Russian guy, David Koeckner, the dad from Everybody Hates Chris, and more.  Again, I can't recommend this movie enough - just good old fashioned fun.

And a shout out to the guy who was SNORING really loudly in the theater for about 1 minute.  Was the movie keeping you awake sir?

2 comments:

monica said...

Andy's dying to see this. We keep planning on going and haven't made it yet. It doesn't look like my kind of movie, but after all the chick flicks I've put Andy through....I imagine I'll see it. :)

RR said...

Saw it 7/18/08! It started a little slow but had really funny moments throughout. There was even a cute romance going on--although I can't even guess at the age difference between Anne Hathaway and Steve Carell. Thank goodness there was not too much sexual content but there was swearing. Steve Carell is true to form with his dry and wacky humor. There was an interesting storyline so this made this movie better than the typical TV remake or dumb-guy movie. I give it a B.