Monday, July 7, 2008

Seven

Who: Monica & Andy
What: Seven
Where: Home
Why: B/C it was on and we had nothing else to do.

We had by far, the laziest 3 day weekend on record. We watched parts of a ton of movies on TV, "Seven" being the only one we caught in full. I know I've seen this movie when it came out, but I had forgotten EVERYTHING about it! It's funny to look back at a Brad Pitt movie when he was just arriving to be a Hollywood Hunk. I don't adore him as much as others, but he does a great job in this movie. Morgan Freeman is always fantastic, especially when he plays a detective/police kind of part. I totally forgot Gwyneth Paltrow was in this and Kevin Spacey too!!

The plot goes something like this. There is a killer on the loose (who we don't "see" until the end) and we eventually find out that there will be 7 murders. The murderer is following a sort of random pattern with murdering someone to represent the 7 deadly sins. (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Rath, Envy, Pride) Will all 7 murders get completed before he's found?? You must see the movie.

It is a great story, not "edge of your seat" kind of suspense though. It did make me nervous a little and for those kind of movies, that's a good sign. It has a certain gore factor, though it's pretty few and far between times when you see that. The end is a little shocking the first time if you haven't seen it, I totally forgot and tried to guess through the entire last 20 minutes what was happening. (Andy reminding me to knock it off and enjoy the movie)

1 comment:

Amber said...

I LOVE Seven!!! (or Se7en - whatever).

I saw it in the theater twice (which is rare for me).

That scene with all the air fresheners nearly made me pee my pants the first time. I rarely scream outloud when watching a movie, and I SCREAMED!