Wednesday, July 30, 2008

P.S. I Love You

Who:LaRelle
What: P.S. I Love You
Where: my living room
Why: because it was next on my cue from netflix

Ok....I put off watching this movie for quite awhile. I had heard several people say that it was quite depressing. And I figured I would wait till I was in the mood for a depressing movie.
Then, recently, I'd heard a few people say that it wasn't depressing at all and that it was a great movie.
Well....they were, in fact, wrong. It was a great movie.....but definitely depressing.
But actually, in talking with Hillary, I think it really comes down to your personal experience. It's about a woman dealing with the loss of her husband. If you have lost somebody close to you I think it will tend to hit you harder and be more depressing. I'm guessing that the people that told me it wasn't sad have not had the unfortunate experience of losing somebody close to them.
But that being said....I highly recommend this movie! I laughed out loud a few times. And yes, I did cry through several parts of it. Just be prepared to be sad while watching it. But it does have a bit of a happy ending.
And girls....it has Gerard Butler and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in it. Really that's all that needs to be said. =)

2 comments:

Amber said...

I also enjoyed this movie - and I really didn't think I would.

I thought it seemed very realistic, how she was greaving (sp?) for her husband. Normally, in movies, the widow goes out and finds true love the next month.

I also liked how the ending was a little surprise. She kisses that guy and then ... ok, I won't spoil it for anybody.

Also, I can't play Moo Moo Meadows in Mario Kart Wii with out thinking of this movie. The soundtrack for that game is so Irish!

monica said...

I loved this movie, but haven't purchased it yet. I can't decide if I "need" it in the collection to watch when I'm already feeling sad. (Which knowing me is when I'd want to stick it in, not healthy) However; you're right.... two hunks for sure and it is really sweet!!!!