Sunday, January 25, 2009

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Who:LaRelle
What: X-Files: I Want to Believe
Where: my living room
Why: I love X-Files


Well I finally got around to watching this movie. I'm surprised it took me so long considering when the series was on tv it was practically my religion. Although I was kind of putting it off because I had heard very mixed reviews on it and that a lot of die hard fans were disappointed.
Well I wasn't disappointed at all. I thought the story was decent. Yes, it didn't really go too far into the supernatural stuff that the show used to....there were no ghosts, or monsters or anything like that......but the show wasn't always like that.
And the best part was just seeing Mulder and Scully on screen together again. David Duchovny (hottie!) and Gillian Anderson always had incredible chemistry together on the show, and they still have it. I wish that there would have been more "inside jokes", so to speak, related to the tv series. There were a couple of things at the very beginning related to Mulder's character, but it would have been more enjoyable if they had thrown more in throughout the movie.
I wasn't a huge fan when I had heard that Amanda Pete was going to be in this movie because she kind of annoys me...but she actually wasn't too bad. And Billy Connolly was very good in his role as a psychic priest.
So overall it was done pretty well. I'd definitely recommend it if you were a fan of the tv show at all. And even if you weren't it can stand alone, and is a decent thriller/drama type movie.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I can't believe you didn't see this movie in theaters!