Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gran Torino

Who: Liz and Jay
What: Gran Torino
Where: Regal on I-Drive (Pointe Orlando)
Why:Jay wanted to see it
This was a serious drama! I went because Jay wanted to see this movie or “The Day the Earth Stood Still” (or something like that) and I refused to see it. I don’t like sci-fi and I draw the line at ridiculous movies that I think are pretty far-fetched! I wanted to see “Marley and Me”, I know, I am odd.
Anyway, so I agreed to see Gran Torino, as this was a choice we could basically agree on. I like Clint Eastwood, so off we went. We went to Pointe Orlando, since our son banned us from going to the Loop! He is 13 and doesn’t want to be greeting his old, obnoxious parents in the movie theatre or any where in the vicinity. You have to pay for parking at Pointe Orlando, but the movie theatre validates! Remember to bring your parking ticket!
I thought the movie was okay, I mean, I am definitely not a real critic, who “knows” her movies. I think they gave this movie high marks. I am not a big fan of random scenes in movies and a few scenes just didn’t make sense to me. I mean, Clint plays this hard ass guy and in one scene, he is totally out of character, going to the neighbors house and sitting and chatting and eating with the other guests. That didn’t make sense and the scene with the neighbor girl and her “date” walking down the street and encountering the “thugs” was sort of just thrown in there, too.
To me, it was simply a movie with some action and raw scenes. I wasn’t that thrilled.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ha - your son is such a typical teen. Parents are so uncool.