Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Smokin' Aces

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Smokin' Aces
Where:  @ home - recorded off cable
Why:  Nothing else to watch

Ok - can somebody explain this movie to me?  I understand most of it, but the ending was a little confusing to me.

Backing up, this movie was really good.  I really enjoy movies with 400 characters, like this one.  Also, I dare you to find Matthew Fox.  He's in 1 scene for about 5 minutes, and I didn't recognize him at all.

Ok, so there is a super mega mob boss who is offering $1 million dollar to any hit man who can kill Jeremy Piven (he plays such a great scummy Vegas loser).  So there are 4 sets of hit men who are on the case, as well as the FBI, who really need Jeremy Piven to testify against this super mega mob boss.

The hit men are awesome!  There is a crazy guy who loves torture.  A master of disguise guy.  3 low life Vegas bail bonds guys (they are way out of their league).  A set of girls (Alicia Keys is one), and a set of 3 INSANE brothers (seriously, they are insane).  Throw in Ray Liotta and Ryan Reynolds, and you've got yourself a drool-fest!

All these players head to Reno to find Jeremy Piven.  And I'll stop there ... I don't want to give anything away.  Since everybody gets to Reno when the movie is only 20 minutes in, you know nobody will kill him right away.  So there are a million twists and turns.  And the ending ... well, I'm going to need a little help with that.  Somebody explain it to me!

No comments: