Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vacancy

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Vacancy
Where:  @ home - recorded off cable
Why:  I wanted to see it.

This movie scared the crap out of me!  I think it scared Jonathan too.  I think he said it best when he said, "It was scary b/c it could really happen."

Luke Wilson and Kate Beckensale (I already forgot their movie names) are driving in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.  Kate wakes up and asks where they are.  Luke explains that there was a wreck on the highway, so he took a shortcut.  Unfortunately their car isn't cooperating.  It breaks down.

They walk 2 miles up the road to a dumpy hotel.  They are the only people at the hotel.  The TV doesn't work, so Luke pops in a VHS tape that's sitting on the TV.  (seriously, who does that, and who watches VHS tapes anymore).  It's a horror movie, looks homemade and ghetto.  Wait a minute ... the movie takes place in the room they are in!  Wait a minute, it's not a movie, it's a recording of something real - somebody dying!

Side note:  These tapes are horrible to watch.  It looked really real, and it was gross.

When Luke and Kate figure out what's going on, they try to escape.  Unfortunately, the 3 guys who run the hotel have started to "hunt" them.

Unlike most horror movies, Luke and Kate are pretty smart.  They sit down and actually watch more horrible tapes, and figure out how the 3 guys work.  They almost escape a couple times, but it never works.

I'm going to stop now, because I don't want to give anything away.  Will Luke and Kate get away?  Will only 1 get away?  Will they suffer the same fate as a lot of other guests at the hotel?

This was a very unique horror movie.  It was also pretty gross, but if you like horror movies, I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

monica said...

We loved this one too, crrreeeeppppy!

Unknown said...

This movie creeped me out also!! I agree with Jonathan..it's scary because it could really happen!!