Sunday, January 4, 2009

Valkyrie

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Valkyrie
Where:  AMC Pleasure Island
Why:  Jonathan picked

Let me start by saying I had NO desire to see this movie.  I don't like war movies and I'm not a Tom Cruise fan.  I was going to split up from Jonathan and see ANY OTHER movie at the theater, but there was nothing!  Not one single thing I wanted to see.  So I sucked it up and saw Valkyrie.
And I actually enjoyed myself!

If you know your history (which I don't, and I knew this!), Hitler is not assassinated.  So you know from the get go that Tom Cruise's plan isn't going to work.  Yet the movie is still interesting to see how many people hated Hilter, and how many people tried to assassinate him over and over again.

This movie got a little heat because of how un-German Tom Cruise is.  However, the first 5 minutes kind-of clear up that fact.  It's hard to explain, but I actually enjoyed a 100% English movie.  No super fake accents or hard to understand dialogue.

What would've made this movie great for me, is to show a montage at the end of the real men involved.  For example, Tom Cruise was General Staffenburg.  I wanted to see who the real General Staffenburg was.  I love when "real story" movie actually show the real people at the end - like the football movie Invincible!

No comments: