Friday, January 2, 2009

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspien

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  The Chronicles of Narnia:  Prince Caspien
Where:  at home - Jonathan got the DVD for Christmas
Why:  I've never seen it

Let me just start out with, I'm not a huge fan of Narnia or Narnia-type movies.  In fact, Jonathan saw this in the theater by himself, while I went to go see Zohan (by myself).

This movie wasn't half bad, it's just not my cup of tea.

With in the first 5 minutes, the kids are whisked back to Narnia, which I was happy about.  Why waste time in England?!?  Turns out Prince Caspien is in trouble (people who want to be king are trying to get rid of him and steal the throne), and he blows a magical horn to bring the kids to Narnia.

Once they are there, they realize that Narnia has gone to pot, and try to figure out what happened.  Turns out the land of humans (where Prince Caspien lives) have made the Narnian extinct ... or so they thought!

The 4 kids, and Prince Caspien (totally shocked to see 'real live' Narnians!) wage a war to regain their independence.  They are tired of hiding in the woods, pretending not to be alive.

One big war after another, everybody lives happily ever after.

If you were a fan of the first movie, then I recommend you check this one out.  If you haven't seen the first one yet, then this movie might not make any sense.

No comments: