Sunday, January 18, 2009

Paul Blart Mall Cop

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Paul Blart Mall Cop
Where:  some random theater in Tampa
Why:  We had 4 hours to kill before a hockey game

I've seen this trailer 100 times.  I laughed every single time Kevin James slid behind that mall location finder, and he misses, so he does a bunch of little *squeak squeak squeak* slides.  But I was afraid all the funny scenes were in the trailer, leaving nothing for the movie.

Let me start out with, I was in a pretty bad mood, and I wasn't excited to see a movie.  This movie totally cheered me up.  I was laughing a lot!

This wasn't just a stupid movie about a stupid fat mall cop.  We really get to know Paul Blart (Kevin James), his daughter, his mom, his work situation, his medial issues, and I really felt for the guy.  Also, even though he is just a mall cop, he really enjoys his job, and he's really good at it.

What was weird was all the funny scenes from the trailer WEREN'T funny anymore.  But there was plenty of other funny parts.  I really like comedies, so I loved this movie!  It wasn't a stupid comedy, it had a lot of heart to it.  I highly recommend checking it out!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Loved this movie, and if you havent seen a slapsztick comedy with Mitchel, you havent seen one!!!!!