Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wall-E

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Wall-E
Where:  AMC Pleasure Island
Why:  It's Disney/Pixar!

I have seen a million previews for this movie (at work), so I still didn't really know what the story was going to be about.  Turns out it was really cute!  Who knew a robot love story would be so touching.

I kept hearing that there would not be any dialog (except for Wall-E's limited robot speak) for the first 30 minutes of the movie, and I was expecting to be bored - but surprisingly, I was not bored!

Questions I have for the writer:
1.  How did the humans go to the bathroom?
2.  Where did the babies on the spaceship come from?
3.  How was that plant live in the fridge?
4.  How did the plant live in outterspace?

But who cares about the answers to these questions!  The movie was great!  Normally after I see a Pixar movie, I start to compose a list of best Pixar movies (in order).  I can't decide where to rank this one.  I think I need to see it again.

And the Pixar short before the movie was REALLY funny.  I've been a little disappointed with the recent batch of shorts.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Simply stated, WALL-E was wonderful! :)

monica said...

I've been coming here for 2 days wondering when you would see it! We talked about it yesterday and didn't end up going. I saw the previews again too, on National Treasure 2 that we rented, still not able to grasp the story of the movie. I asked Andy "do you think he's going to Earth? is that the deal?" Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Amber said...

I agree with Andy. It was REALLY hard to know what the story was going to be about from the previews.

I guess we're so used to previews telling the entire story and showing all the funny parts.

Go see it! You won't be disappointed.