Thursday, June 19, 2008

Last Holiday

Who: Amber
What: Last Holiday
Where
: at home - free Showtime!
Why: I really had nothing else to watch

I remember seeing this preview and thinking, "Oooooo - there goes Queen Latifa. She's on a wild vacation and she's snowboarding, but she doesn't know how to snowboard. Oh man - you go you crazy, crazy girl!" 

I mean, look at the movie poster - she looks like "I'm loud and annoying and I'm on vacation." But this movie is nothing like that. 

Queen Latifah plays a quiet, very shy, reserved, normal, who finds out she has a terminal illness. She decides to finally live a little, and flys off to (I can't remember - Prague? France?) The entire movie is very sweet, and I really, really enjoyed it! I can't recommend it enough!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I LOVE this movie. I had wanted to see it when it came to theaters and never did. So when it was finally on Showtime way back when, I caught it and fell in love. Whenever it's on, I find myself watching it again. Plus, it's just fun to say "Hotel Pup!