Thursday, August 28, 2008

Star Trek Nemesis

Who: Me
What: Star Trek Nemesis
Where: At Home
Why: It was on TV and it was raining

I can't believe I am admitting this but... I watch Star Trek... or at least I did. When I was in college I use to watch the New Generation show frequently but when it went away I just moved on too. So at a moment of weekness this past weekend I was sucked back in to the world of Star Trek via some crazy cable channel on TV. There have been other Star Trek movies but I could never get myself to go to the theater to see them. This one was no different.

This movie starts with Commander Riker and Counselor Troi getting married (long time love interests) and then quickly moves to the ship running in to trouble with some crazies near Romulan. It is action packed with some fun twists and turns and a lot of drama. The Nemesis is a clone of Captain Piccard. He is Captain Piccard genetically but because of the way he has lead his life he is a completely different man. He has a giant plan to rule the world but needs the Captain's blood or something and a procedure to survive.

This clone-guy and his supporting crew are nuts and the crew of the Enterprise are challenged to stop the evil plot and save the Earth. Sounds so dramatic huh? For your Star Trek fans this movie is kind of an emotional as one of the beloved characters is lost--sort of(the twist). I enjoyed the movie overall, even with some of the outrageous story lines. The Next Generation Star Trek Cast is great and it was fun to see them all together again. It was a nice reunion on a raining day for me!

No comments: