Saturday, August 2, 2008

Maid in Manhatten

Who: Amber
What: Maid in Manhatten
Where: at home - DVR'ed off some random cable channel
Why: I like to watch/listen to TV as I'm making dinner. I watched this movie over the course of 3 evenings.

This was a cute, but very typical romantic comedy.   I'll ruin it for your right now - and say that it all works out in the end.   Although, it was also semi-realistic, and I really appreciated that.  Even thought it all worked out, it didn't work out right away, hence the realism.  Jennifer Lopez is a hotel maid (she's a "maid" in "manhatten"!), but she knows she's a stereotype, which you don't see very often.   And her kid isn't some overacting annoying movie kid, he's just a cool kid.

As a maid, J Lo tries on a rich lady's clothes (how stupid is she?), then she meets a senetor, and I'm guessing you can figure out the rest . . .

It's always refreshing to see actresses who have a real butt! You go J Lo!

3 comments:

monica said...

I like this feel good chick flick too. Very good movie, I agree!! :)

RR said...

Cute movie but come on... what political candidate would date a maid? It does make you wonder if all maids play with your clothes or things though.

Amber said...

I'm glad, near the end of the movie she gets fired for putting the clothes on. (oops - did I spoil anything!?!) Added a little realism to the movie.