Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ghost Ship

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Ghost Ship
Where:  @ home - recorded off cable
Why:  I've wanted to see it

I remember wanting to see this movie when it came out (2003?), but I heard it was just awful - almost the worst movie ever made.

You know what - it wasn't half bad.  I like my horror movies to be creepy and no questions left unanswered.  Normally there is a bad guy, and you don't understand why he's bad, and why he feels the need to kill people.  Thankfully, a little girl ghost helps us see the entire back story via flashback.  I love it!!!

The opening scene of this movie was pretty darn sweet.  It's 1962 on a luxury cruise ship.  Everybody is gathered together, dancing the night away.  All of a sudden, a cable snaps and goes hurling thru the passengers.  And I mean that literally - THRU the passengers.

Fast forward 50 years, a ship of scavengers finds the cruise ship and plans to tow her back to shore.  They find a little girl ghost onboard.  Then things start to go horribly, horribly wrong.
All in all, I say it's a worthy horror movie.  Even the ending was kind-of unique.  

If you like horror (it wasn't even very scary), then I recommend it.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I LOVE this movie! You're right...it was apparently hated by many, but that opening scene was definitely one to rival other openings!

Amber said...

I recommend to EVERYBODY to watch at least the first 5 minutes of this movie!