Monday, September 29, 2008

Bandits

Who:  Amber
What:  Bandits
Where:  @ home - recorded off cable
Why:  It had Bruce Willis in it

I just looked up this movie on IMDB, and it was nominated for some awards.  No wonder I could barely watch this movie.  I don't normally 'do' award winning movies.

This movie started out great!  Bruce Willis (long hair tough guy) and Billy Bob Thorton (glasses wearing nerd) are in jail, giving an interview with a TV show.  They are bank robbers, and they've been caught.  I kind-of like it when movies practically tell you what's going to happen, and then you watch how it all unfolded.

Too bad this movie didn't keep my attention AT ALL.  I never even made it to the end, so forgive me if I finish up this review in mid sentence ...

Billy Bob and Bruce Willis are in jail.  They manage to escape and continue on with their bank robbing ways.  They are known as the "Sleepover Bandits".  They kidnap the managers the night before the robbery.  They spend a quiet (and sometimes enjoyable - nothing dirty) evening at home with their families, then they arrive to work with the manager before the bank opens.

Then a bored housewife is tired of her jerk husband runs away, she ends up with these 2 criminals, and helps them out.  She's attracted to Bruce Willis ... then makes her way over to Billy Bob Thornton's room ... you can see where this is going.

Eventually one of the bank managers realize that Bruce and Billy Bob won't hurt them, and he decided not to play along with the robbery.  Cops arrive ... and this is where I stopped watching.  It was just too bored.  I guess I can't recommend this movie at all!

No comments: