Monday, September 15, 2008

Deep Blue Sea

Who:  Amber
What:  Deep Blue Sea
Where:  @ home - I own it on DVD
Why:  I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

This is my all time favorite "I just need something random to watch/listen to" movie.  I've probably seen it 100 times.

Researchers in some under water base are messing around with sharks brains to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease.  Great for mankind - bad for sharks.  While they are trying to save the world, the sharks are getting smarter and smarter as a 'side effect'.

Samuel L. Jackson (love him!) comes to the underground lab for some reason.  He's a billionare and he's going to fund their research or something.  A hurricane hits, so they can't get off their 'island'.  Did I mention that the sharks are becoming smarter and smarter?!?

The sharks starts to break into the underground lab, which starts a flood ... which also starts the sharks' eating frenzy.  Who will live, and who will die?!?  The answers may surprise you.
And I think the GREATEST SCENE IN A MOVIE ever is in this flick.  Just wait until Samuel L. Jackson's shark encounter ... awesome!!!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Oh my God, I almost crapped my pants when that scene with Samuel L. Jackson happened! I HATE sharks!!!

Amber said...

I blame Jaws - but I'm terrified of sharks too. My mom scuba dives with them all the time. I would also crap my pants if I saw one out in the ocean.