Monday, December 1, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2

Who:  Amber, Jonathan and my MIL
What:  The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
Where:  Pay Per View
Why:  MIL picked

This movie was super cute!  I didn't want it to end.  What happens to the girls next?!?  I must know!!!

Although, how old are these girls?  And where do their unlimited funds come from?  Everybody is flying to Turkey, to Greece, Alabama, etc.  I want to be in the sisterhood!

This story leaves off 2 years after the first one (I think).  The girls are home from their first summer of 4 different colleges.  Carmen (America Fererra) is the only one really trying to keep the pants ritual together.  The other girls just aren't into it anymore.  Everything is changing ...

This movie has a lot going on.  It could really be 4 movies in 1.  Tibby is living in NYC going to film school.  Carmen goes to New Hampshire to work backstage in a play (but get's the lead - who could've guessed?).  Bridgette is off to Turkey on an archeology camp scholorship thingy.  And Lena is taking summer school classes somewhere (I can't remember - somewhere in the North East b/c she's close to NYC).

Of course, crazy stuff happens to all 4 girls.  Tibby might be pregnant.  Bridgette rediscovers a long lost grandmother.  Carmen gets the lead in a play (did I ruin it for you?!?).  Lena discovers that her boyfriend from Greece is all sudden married!

Tears ensue ... and everybody ends up happy in the end.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I loved it too in a cheesy way. I too want unlimited funds to jet set wherever I please. I don't know if I cared too much for Bridget's storyline, but she was never my favorite. Was it just me or was the theater guy not that great looking? Thank God for his accent.

Terry said...

I have this but havent gotten to it yet, maybe this weekend.

monica said...

I loved the first movie and loved the books. This movie disappointed me. You pretty much summed it up, could have been 3 movies actually b/c it was 3 books wrapped into 1 movie. I know the girls are getting older and they kinda wanted to "wrap this one up", but I think we could have went with at least two movies outta this!! There was so much story that was missed.

I love the characters. Kostas is my favorite, I'm so in lust with him. I also fell in love with Greece in the first movie and it's on my list of #1 places I must visit across the sea......

Amber said...

Really? It was 3 books wrapped into 1 movie?

I think I might need to check out these books ...