Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank You For Smoking

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  Thank You For Smoking
Where:  @ home - recorded off cable
Why:  It looked interesting

This movie was enjoyable.  It was cute.  It was very clever.  I'm just not sure I understood the point.

Not that I needed to understand the point, I enjoyed my time watching it.  But if it had a point, it was way over my head.

Aaron Eckhart (as usual, I forgot his character's name already) is a lobbyist for tobacco.  Basically his job is to talk about all the positives tobacco has to offer.  He kicks butt at his job.

The entire movie is about his smooth talking adventures around Washington DC and various business trips, which his 13 year old son attends with him.  Aaron is a good guy.  He's a good dad and is teaching his son well.  

Just because his job involves smoking doesn't make him a bad guy.  Maybe that's the point of the movie ... don't judge a book by it's cover.  Or maybe the point is 'be educated and make your own choices'.

Heck, all I know is that it was fun to watch Aaron Eckhart smooth talk his way across the US.

No comments: