Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twilight

Who: Jaclyn
What: Twilight
Where: AMC Pleasure Island
Why: Needed to see what the hype was about.

This movie apparently was a best selling novel before it became a movie (I don't know, I never learned how to read and I live under a rock).

It's a story about a vampire family, the Cullens and a girl named Bella. Bella goes to stay with her dad while her mom and her new man go to spring training for his baseball team. When she gets to her new school, she ends up getting Edward Cullen as her lab partner.

Convinced he hates her, she becomes somewhat consumed with finding out what his deal is, and she finds out more than she bargained for....he's a vampire - duh.

Also, everyone at this new school is SUPER nice to Bella and not in a fake "we're really going to stab you in the back" way either. Which is SOOO not how life happens.

I liked it, but I liked it more once it was over. I'm not trying to be sarcastic...but if have you ever seen a movie where after it was over, you had time to reflect and wanted to see it again, you'll understand. The acting by Kristen Stewart (Bella) was pretty awful. I don't know if it was the character she was playing or just that she can't act.

I heard a lot of people were in an uproar about the lead characters they cast in this movie but I guess all book nuts will have an opinion about what they envisioned. Overall, I suppose it was an ok movie, but I still don't see what everyone was poopin' their pants about.

No comments: