Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Miser Brother's Christmas

Who:  Amber
What:  A Miser Brother's Christmas
Where:  @ home on ABC Family
Why:  I was curious

This new holiday special was ... just ok.  Everybody remembers the Heat Miser and Snow Miser from the '70s classic.  "I'm Mr. Snow Miser ... I'm Mr. 10 below ..."  I think it was "Santa Claus is Coming to Town?"

I was really excited b/c the original Misers were super cool.  I think they were super cool because they were so random, and only in the original Christmas special for about 10 minutes.  An entire hour devoted to them ... not so much.  And this was nominated for an Annie award!  Yowsers!

What was cool about it was the animation.  I'm assuming it was not clay-mation (like it was in the 70s), but CGI.  But they made the characters look just like the clay-mation.  Their mouth's had those lines around them, and they were a little herky jerky.

The story is a 'tale as old as time'.  Santa hurts his back (it was sabotage!) and the Miser Brothers must stop fighting to take over for him for this year.  Can they stop fighting, make some decent toys and get them delivered in time?  What about the Wind Miser-guy who sabotaged Santa's sleigh.  He's got a serious Santa complex.  Will he ruin Christmas??

1 comment:

Bill said...

I also watched "A Miser Brothers Christmas" and thought it was... well, cute. The producers deserve kudos for bringing back Mickey Rooney as Santa Claus and George S. Irving as Heat Miser. Both men are almost 90, and still actively performing.