Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bolt

Who:  Amber, Jonathan & Jonathan's entire family
What:  Bolt
Where:  Sullivan 6 - tiny theater in Missour-A
Why:  It's Disney!

I also saw Bolt over the Thanksgiving weekend, and I loved it!  I had heard other people say, "meh - it was ok", but I think it was better than ok.  I, on the other hand, highly recommend it!

I was afraid it would be a cheesy "we're traveling across the country" montage.  Thankfully, there was a montage, but it was insanely cute.

Ok, I'm getting off track.  Bolt is Penny's dog.  Although Penny is no ordinary kid, she's a TV star in an action-style TV show.  But Bolt is the REAL super hero of the show.  Thanks to TV magic, he can 'bend' metal, his eyes are lasers, he can jump super far and run super fast.  Bolt believes he can actually do these things - b/c he never EVER leaves the set.  He never gets to be a real dog.  He always honestly thinks Penny is in grave danger, and he relishes his opportunity to save her each week.

Well, when Bolt gets off the set for the first time, and ends up in NYC (long story), and a wise cracking ally cat has to set him straight.  After a while, Bolt does realize he has no super powers, but actually enjoys being a real dog.  Who knew sticking your face out of a car door was totally awesome!?!?

It's Disney, so you know Bolt will make it back to Penny in LA, but he has some wild and funny adventures along the way.

Best line (by the hamster), "I'll go get a ladder."

No comments: