Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Who:  Amber & Jonathan
What:  My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Where:  @ home on cable
Why:  I like Luke Wilson

I totally remember seeing a preview for this movie in theaters and thinking, "that looks cute/different".  Then I remember hearing that is made no money in theaters, which is normally a tell tale sign that it's no good.

It wasn't very good (I'm glad I didn't pay for it), but it was a fun free movie found on cable.

Matt (Luke Wilson) works in an office with his buddy Vaughn (Rainn Wilson - from the Office) and Hannah (Anna Ferris).  You can tell right away that Matt and Hannah have a flirty thing going at work, but Hannah really loves her boyfriend.

Matt meets Jenny Johnson (Uma Thurman) on the subway, and asks her out.  Jenny is hot, but in a nerdy way (with boring brown hair, bangs, glasses, and a librarian's wardrobe).  As they go on a couple dates you can tell something is off with her.  She's just not a very good girlfriend, but she's great in the sack (which they had to show a sex scene - totally unnecessary.  I'm no prude, but I'd rather not see a sex scene if I don't have to).

Jenny admits to Matt she has a big time secret.  She's actually ... pull off glasses and brown wig ... G girl.  New York City's favorite super hero!  She can do it all, fly, lazer eyes, super strength, lightning speed ... you get the idea.  Matt is totally turned on, but Jenny is just not a good girlfriend.  And she's totally jealous of Hannah, even though they are clearly just friends.

So Matt breaks up with her.

Have you ever wanted to get back at an ex-boyfriend, but didn't know what to do?  Well, as super hero, Jenny can do what ever she wants!

I won't ruin all the movie for you.  Basically, Jenny ruins Matt's life, but he's got a comeback of his own ...

No comments: