Thursday, March 19, 2009

Into The Wild

Who: Liz
What: Into the Wild
Where: my living room
Why: I bought at the Circuit City close out!

I had heard this movie was really good and Emile Hirsch did a fabulous job, so I really wanted to see it. So when it was $4.00 I just bought it!
It was excellent. It is about this young man, Chris, played by Emile, who wants to live his life instead of seeking a job or law school after graduating from college. So he gives the balance of his college funds to charity and sets off across the US. Wow, I give him a lot of credit. It is based on a true story and it takes place in the early '90s.
The movie tells of the people he comes across on his quest to get to the wilds of Alaska and then what happens when he gets there. How he survives on almost no money and learns to take care of himself. The bad part was that he was mad at his parents and never called them. They were very concerned and it brought them together. But he never called his sister either and she narrated part of the story. One of the persons he met across the way was this older man Ron, played by Hal Holbrook. Mr. Holbrook was nominated for an Oscar for this role.
There was this really gross part when he killed a moose, it was horrible as he skinned it and stuff. Also you should be aware that there was some nudity, but it wasn't gratuitous nudity!
The cast was excellent including Vince Vaughn, Jena Malone, Marcia Gay Harden and William Hurt. The movie was directed by Sean Penn, too. I think he is so talented.
Of course the ending was very sad to me, but in the end, I really enjoyed this movie.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I've been very curious about this movie. Although I think somebody leaked the ending to me, but it still looks very different.

I still haven't been to any Circuit City clearance!

Anonymous said...

well you won't get to a Circuit City clearance now, They are all closed.