Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stay Alive

Who:  Amber
What:  Stay Alive
Where:  @ home off cable
Why:  Part of my Friday the 13th horror movie marathon

I had never heard of this movie before, but I found it on the Chiller network.  It said it stared Frankie Munez, so I figured I'd give it a try.

The plot is some what ridiculous, but this movie really scared me.  Maybe it was because I was watching it on Friday the 13th, it was dark outside, I was all alone, and I found 2 cats on my back porch (I don't have a cat).

Anyway, this movie opens with a guy playing a video game called Stay Alive.  Actually, he's a video game tester, so this game isn't even out yet.  He dies in the game, and it freaks him out a little bit.  1 hour later, he's dead in real life.

Another group of hard core gamers start playing the game, and they are in trouble too.  The game is actually based on a real legend of some freaky lady who liked to kill young girls.

Long story short, a couple of gamers die, while the rest figure out how to face this wacko lady, with a little help from the video game.  The spirit lady was kind-of freaky, and there were a lot of startling scenes (like scary stuff jumping out from nowhere).  If you like scary movies, then you might want to check it out.  Otherwise, you can probably pass.

No comments: