Friday, February 13, 2009

Final Destination 2

Who:  Amber
What:  Final Destination 2
Where:  I own it on DVD
Why:  It's Friday the 13th

I love horror movies - and the movies in the Final Destination series scare the poop out of me.  I think it's because they are so 'real'.  I mean, there are people dying right and left, which is unrealistic, but they are dying from 'real' things.  There isn't a zombie, or a killer shark, or a maniac with a chainsaw.  They are falling off ladders or getting in car crashes.

This movie starts out with a girl (wow - I already forgot her name.  It's AJ Cook - who plays JJ on Criminal Minds) going on a spring break with 3 friends.  She gets on the highway, and all of a sudden a huge log falls off a logging truck.  The truck screeches to a hault, more logs fall off, and there is a huge pile up.  Her car is flipping over and over.  Many people are killed in the crash.  A burning semi truck is headed right for her upside down car ... then she wakes up.  She's had a crazy vision of what is about to happen.  Sitting at the green light, about to merge on to the highway, she realizes all the cars behind her will all crash with her.  She turns her car so nobody can get by.

Of course, all the cars stuck behind her at the light are totally annoyed ... until they realize she saved their lives ... or did she?

You see, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go.  Death has a plan.  So one by one, each person who was supposed to die in the car crash is killed.  The spooky (and gross!) thing about this movie is the way they die.  Like I said, it's no maniac killer, it's just life.  Every day life is killing these people.

I can't wait to check out the 4th movie in this series.  I think it comes out this year.

No comments: