Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

Who:Terry
What:Secret Life of Bees
Where:Rockford Theater
Why:Cause I love the book

Every since i heard this was a movie I just couldnt wait to go.  Kerri, Emily, Mitchel and I went today, and I wasnt disapointed.  They  stayed pretty much along with the book.  The movie is set in the 60's, racial strife, disfuctional family, ect.  The story is about Lily, who's mother left her father when she was 4yrs old and left her behind.  Lily's father is one mean ass jerk and is horrible to Lily who ends up running away from home with Rosaleen, their housekeeper to find out the truth about her mother.  I wont spoil what happens, but it's a good movie.  Dakota Fanning is one awesome little actress, she had me in tears in multiple scenes.  Queen Latifa was so perfect as the part of August Boatwright, and Alicia Keys as her sister, June,  is one person that I wouldnt want pissed off at me.  Man the looks that girl gave people!!!   I couldnt help but tear up about every scene with Jennifer Hudson, thinking of her recent pain and suffering, so heartbreaking.  This will be a movie I buy.   Go see it, you wont be disapointed. 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good review Terry. I just might have to check it out!